2715 HUNTINGTON AVE, NEWPORT NEWS, VA 23607
AGENDA FOR VAPA STRATEGIC PLANNING MEETING
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011
Wingate by Wyndham – Fredericksburg, 20 Sanford Dr., Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Phone: (540) 368.8000; Fax: (540) 368.9252
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2011
1. Informal day – delegates arrive in afternoon, check-in if staying overnight.
2. Dinner. Although this dinner is not mandatory, it is an important “ice breaker” for the delegates to meet and greet each other informally.
**Members of all Associations are invited to attend!! The Retreat is Free!!
RSVP for attendance to: Kathi Ingram, RP, email@example.com
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
1. Sign attendance sheet.
2. Introductions: Your name, your association and your title within association, your employer.
Also answer the following questions: (i) What is the most important benefit you your association feels it gets from its membership in VAPA and (ii) What would you, as the delegate for your association like to see accomplished at today’s strategic planning meeting?
3. Brainstorming Session:
- How has VAPA changed since its establishment in 1989?
- What is VAPA “About”? Has it changed from what is currently stated on its website?
- Has the “Purposes and Goals” changed for VAPA or does it remain as it is stated on its website? Are the “Goals” still realistic? See attachment 2.
- Some associations have a Mission Statement. Does VAPA need one?
Should the VAPA Bylaws, dated 9/22/2007, be reviewed and updated by the delegates?